Interior Health (IH) has immediate employment openings for Respiratory Therapists.
What We Offer:
• Relocation allowance for eligible positions
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits package
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employee Health and Wellness Programs
• Employer paid vacation
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary | Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $36.35 - $45.38
Respiratory Therapists employed with IH work within the following job roles:
• Procedures and Therapies: Intubations, Arterial Lines, C-Section attendance, Surfactant Administration
• Acute Care: Trauma Attendance, Internal Transports, Neonatal resuscitations and deliveries, Procedural Sedation, Code Blue and CCOT.
• Programs: Pulmonary Rehab, Community RT, Home Oxygen, Asthma/COPD Education Clinics.
• Diagnostics: Pulmonary Function, Bronchoscopy, Cardiac Stress Testing.
• External Transports: Comprehensive, regionally coordinated for critical care patients.
In this challenging and rewarding health care profession, Respiratory Therapists (RT) are valued members of the multi-disciplinary, health care team. RTs participate in daily rounds and the creation of patient care plans. Multidisciplinary colleagues depend on the RTs for their recommendations with ward patients, their assistance with discharge planning, and home oxygen assessments.
We recognize that all therapists come with various backgrounds and expertise. We strive to align training with individual interests, as well as provide mentorship by pairing all new staff with experienced Respiratory Therapists to share experiences, encourage growth, and foster confidence.
The culture in our team is we are a family. Whatever is happening at home or at work we are here for one another. We have a great, supportive team that provides ongoing mentorship and comradery. There is great ease in the ability to connect, get to know one another, and support one another. We make attempts, when possible, to organize group events and get togethers.
Enjoy the experience of a smaller city, friendly feel with opportunity for a full scope role capable of fine-tuning your advanced respiratory skills, which may not be available at larger urban centres.
The vast geographical region that IH covers provides opportunities within large urban centers and close-knit, rural communities. With two tertiary hospitals, four regional hospitals, 16 community hospitals and 24 health care centres, IH has a career opportunity for everyone.
Find your perfect fit with Interior Health in the Southern Interior of British Columbia. Contact our Recruiter for more information: Careers@interiorhealth.ca.
• Graduation from a recognized Respiratory Therapy program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Recent acute/critical care experience.
• Current valid Driver’s License.
Note: New RT Graduates from Canadian programs are welcome to apply while waiting to write the HPTC exam.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.