*THIS POSITION MAY QUALIFY FOR RELOCATION ALLOWANCE!!*
Kelowna General Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) has an educational training opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse to move into the Critical Care profession within nursing. We are offering the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (ACCN), in house Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) program. This in-house program uses the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (ACCN) curriculum, and is coordinated by the Interior Health Critical Care Network.
The training program starts on April 3, 2023 and there are four components that need to be completed:
• Theory On-Line Case Based Modules
• Clinical Hours (focused study at bedside – 105 hours)
• Clinical Lab Hours (50 hours)
• Consolidated Preceptorship Hours (180 hours)
As per the NBA Article 35.03, upon successful completion of the education program, an employee must return to, or post into a regular position in the area of nursing applicable to the education (Critical Care) for a minimum of 18 months. If no regular position is available, the employer will create a regular relief line equivalent to the employee's original FTE. For casual employees, FTE will be determined on number of hours in previous year or 0.5 FTE whichever is greater. Employee will work in a relief line until the employee can secure regular employment.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to emergency patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a PERMANENT FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY. Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:30 to 15:30, 07:30 to 19:45, 19:30 to 07:45 hours.
About this location/unit:
Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving city of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the south central region of British Columbia. It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene. Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here.
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation as a Registered Nurse from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.