We are looking for a Critical Care trained nurse to join our Critical Care Transport/High Acuity Response Team (HART) team at East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC. **THIS POSITION MAY QUALIFY FOR $10,000 SIGNING BONUS**
The HART program at Interior Health is a very successful innovative provincial initiative. The mission is to provide mobile critical care for patients who reside in the rural areas. The clinical scope of service encompasses adult, pediatric and neonatal patients who require greater than Basic Life Support level of care. The team is comprised of a Critical Care RN and Registered Respiratory Therapist as required. They are supported by Basic Life Support paramedics provided by the British Columbia Ambulance Service and an on-call transport physician. Working in a team environment, HART collaborates with rural clinicians to stabilize the patient and when appropriate, transport the patient to a higher level of care.
This critical care transport team covers the East Kootenay catchment area, from Creston to the west, Golden to the north and Fernie to the east and at times to Calgary for tertiary services. When not on transport, HART RNs are actively supporting patient care at their base hospital.
This is a Permanent Full-Time opportunity working rotating days and nights with shift times of 07:00 to 19:05 and 19:00 to 07:05.
If you like a challenge when you work and choices when you play, Interior Health is the place for you! Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Apply Today!
Explore a Career in East Kootenays, British Columbia!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Successful completion of an accredited critical care training course and/or certificate, a minimum of three years recent related experience caring for critically ill/injured patients including experience performing inter-facility patient transfers; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Successful completion of an accredited trauma course such as Transport Nurse Advanced Trauma Course, International Trauma Life Support Course (ITLS), Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Course (PHTLS); or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Current valid BC Driver’s License
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.