We are seeking casual Pharmacists to join our Pharmacy Team at the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital located in beautiful Trail, B.C.; someone who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance their career.
The Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) is in the Kootenay Boundary health service area and responsible for providing core medical and surgical specialty services to patients throughout its service area.
Located in Trail, between Grand Forks and Nelson, KBRH offers services including core physician specialties, 24 hour emergency and trauma services, Level 2 laboratory, acute and obstetrical care, psychiatry, and chemotherapy.
As a staff Pharmacist you will provide distribution pharmacy services by performing duties such as:
• Interpreting medication orders/prescriptions, assessing prescriptions for therapeutic suitability and ensuring that medications are efficiently and accurately dispensed and/or compounded, labeled and that dispensing records are complete.
• Communicate with physicians, patients, and/or other health care team members for prescription clarification and problem resolution.
• Provide instructions on proper use/administration, storage and/or disposal, and possible side effects of prescribed and self-selected medications.
• Participate in the collection of data for medication use evaluation projects; implementation of dispensary based medication safety initiatives, and quality control activities.
• Contributes to internal publications and participates in clinical drug trials in accordance with established standards and procedures.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
• Educational opportunities
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire
Shift types are days and shift times are from 08:00 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:30, 07:30 to 15:30 hours. This is a casual opportunity so hours are not guaranteed but will fall between 0 and 37.5 hours per week.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Apply Today!
• Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is encouraged.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.