This position may qualify for up to $10,000 as a signing bonus and/or be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
About the Job:
The HART program at Interior Health is a very successful innovative provincial initiative. The mission is to provide mobile critical care for patients who reside in the rural areas. The clinical scope of service encompasses adult, pediatric and neonatal patients who require greater than Basic Life Support level of care. The team is comprised of a Critical Care RN and Registered Respiratory Therapist as required. They are supported by Basic Life Support paramedics provided by the British Columbia Ambulance Service and an on-call transport physician. Working in a team environment, HART collaborates with rural clinicians to stabilize the patient and when appropriate, transport the patient to a higher level of care.
When not on transport, HART RNs are actively supporting patient care at their base hospital.
We currently have transport teams based in:
• Cranbrook bordering the Rocky Mountains
• Trail in the heart of the Kootenay region
• Kamloops in the serene and beautiful Thompson Shuswap region
• Penticton in the world renowned Okanagan Valley
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Find out more about our Speciality Education programs for RNs here!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Successful completion of an accredited critical care training course and/or certificate, a minimum of three years recent related experience caring for critically ill/injured patients including experience performing inter-facility patient transfers; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Successful completion of an accredited trauma course such as Transport Nurse Advanced Trauma Course, International Trauma Life Support Course (ITLS), Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Course (PHTLS); or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Current valid BC Driver’s License
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.