This position may be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Department at KOOTENAY BOUNDARY REGIONAL HOSPITAL in beautiful TRAIL, B.C. If emergency nursing is your passion and you are a reliable, flexible and motivated registered nurse interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, apply today!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to emergency patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a RELIEF PART-TIME (0.75 FTE) OPPORTUNITY until April 11, 2024, or the return of the incumbent.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 06:50 to 19:17, 18:50 to 07:17 hours.
About this location/unit:
Our emergency department is a fast paced, dynamic work environment that promises to provide a variety of challenging patient care experiences with the latest technological advances. The department consists of a 2 bay trauma room, 6 stretchers, Fast Track area with 6 exam rooms (plus 3 chairs), 4 specialty/procedural rooms, a seclusion room and the department handles 15,000 patients a year.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area as required by the position:
o Emergency – Advanced preparation in an ED clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
o Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years
o Combined Critical Care/Emergency – Advanced preparation in a critical care clinical specialty and 2 years related clinical experience aligned with unit specific competencies or an equivalent combination of education and experience
o Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 3 years
Effective April 1, 2023 - hourly rate $40.21-$54.28 per hour.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.