Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) to join our Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU) team in beautiful Merritt, B.C.
Merritt: The growing city of Merritt is the service centre for the ranch country of the Nicola Valley and provides an excellent base for exploring the many outdoor recreational opportunities in all seasons. It is particularly scenic in the early fall, when rolling fields and forest foliage take on a golden glow. The surrounding Merritt Forest District supports stands of Engelmann spruce, Lodge Pole pine and Sub Alpine fir at higher elevations.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse:
• Functions as a member of the larger Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS) or Tertiary Mental Health Services multi-disciplinary care team
• Ensures that persons with serious severe and persistent mental health problems, and/or problematic substance use and/or development disability issues who may or may not be in crisis have access to timely, responsive, evidence based treatment and clinical supports across the continuum of available services
• Provides assessment, treatment, case management, community support, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life
• Functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families
An exciting permanent part-time (0.80) opportunity is now available for an experienced Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU) Nurse. This position will support the EPI Team in Merritt, BC. The EPI service is a multi-disciplinary team who provide evidence based, specialized, holistic and age & culturally safe interventions and supports for people experiencing or at risk of experiencing first episode of psychosis between the ages of 18 to 30 years and their families. The service provides assessment, planning, treatment, consultation, follow-up, education and assertive outreach utilizing the provincial Standards and Guidelines.
Shifts of work are Tuesday to Friday days with shift times of 08:30 to 16:30
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Rural and Remote Mental Health and Substance Use Nurse works as an integral part of an integrated mental health and substance use service. The Nurse provides urgent outreach, responsive assessment and treatment, case management, GP shared care, education, and support to individuals experiencing acute and/or chronic mental illness and/or problem substance use.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved school of nursing and two years’ recent related experience in a mental health and substance use environment; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current valid B.C. driver’s license
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.