We are seeking a relief part time (0.65FTE) Community Activity Worker to join our dedicated and energetic team in Kelowna, B.C.!
The Community Activity Worker implements established activities to meet clients’ activation, life skills, recreational and social needs and promote clients’ social, physical and emotional health. Assists clients with activities of daily living while promoting maximum independence.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be a team player!
This position works rotating day shifts from 08:30 to 15:30 and 09:00 to 15:30.
Come and join our team and apply today!
Grade 12 plus and at a minimum graduation from an Activity/Recreation program; or an equivalent combination of current education, training and experience.
One year recent related experience in an Adult Day Programs (which includes experience in recreation/activation).
Skills and Abilities:
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position including walking, stooping, bending, transferring clients, and driving.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing and to understand written and oral instructions.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with other members of the health care team, volunteers, clients and their families.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to instruct.
• Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes with clients.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to be flexible and to adapt to new programs and sites.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.