If you are passionate about being part of a team that is committed to providing high quality client-centered care, then join us as a Practical Nurse at Vernon Jubilee Hospital in Vernon, BC!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
• Performs assessments and plans, implements and provides personal and nursing care to patients in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team; the scope or extent of the skills that the LPN performs varies according to the predictability of the outcome for a given client population
• Administers oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications in accordance with pharmaceutical and organizational policies and procedures
• Operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM), and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols
This is a RELIEF FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY until January 31, 2024, or the return of the incumbent.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
Located in Vernon, between Kelowna and Kamloops, VJH offers services including core physician specialties, 24 hour emergency and trauma services, acute and obstetrical care.
2 E/W: This 32-bed medical unit offers a dynamic program focussing on the needs of complex medical clients admitted with a variety of diagnoses.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
See what makes Interior Health a Top Employer!
See why Nursing at Interior Health is such an amazing opportunity!
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current CPR certification required. *Please upload a copy of your valid CPR certificate with your application*
Acute care experience is considered an asset. Along with a copy of your CV (resume) please provide details regarding your previous acute care experience.
Effective April 1, 2023 - hourly rate $31.89 - $43.65 per hour
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.