Interior Health is looking for an expert, fully CHIMA certified, Health Record Practitioner, with a minimum of one year’s supervisory experience, for a permanent, full time Section Head opportunity based at the Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, B.C.
What will you work on?
This position is responsible for the direction, supervision, coordination, evaluation, planning and monitoring of the Health Information Processing Section in accordance with Interior Health HIM’s goals and directions. The Section Health, Health Information Processing, acts as an expert resource to staff and students working in the section. This position will lead the strategic and tactical planning for the section by developing goals, objectives, standards, policies and procedures.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees the day-to-day operations and coordination of the section by performing duties such as: supervising and providing training/orientation; developing, monitoring and implementing policies and procedures; scheduling and coordinating work assignments; preparing/administering performance evaluations for staff; and interviewing and making recommendations to Professional Practice Leader for recruitment of staff.
• Monitors staffing levels and workload patterns and ensures adequate staffing levels are maintained. Prepares staff work schedules and rotations; approves vacation requests in accordance with collective agreements and departmental policies and procedures. Mentors staff and provides input into departmental and health service area succession planning.
• Acts as a technical/clinical resource to staff.
• Monitors and reports on operating expenditures and demonstrates fiscal accountability as it relates to the section; makes recommendations to the Professional Practice Leader related to capital equipment and service delivery; and investigates and justifies variances as directed.
• Develops and fosters effective relationships with colleagues and peers within Interior Health and external agencies (including professional and licensing bodies) that positively influence professional practice.
• Complies with current legislation, professional standards and organizational policies.
• Participates in Safety Programs, committees or projects as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Days of work are Monday to Friday (07:00 to 15:00 hours) with weekends and statutory holidays off. This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health including Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, and Physiotherapist services, plus Life Insurance. In addition, a comprehensive Pension Plan is included for all permanent employees.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical and technical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized program for Health Information Practitioners.
• Three years recent related experience including one year in a supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Certified by the Canadian College of Health Information Management as a certificant, and eligible for active membership with the Canadian Health Information Management Association.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.