Are you interested in expanding your perioperative practice? Would you like to work in a diverse and innovative team? Do you enjoy the challenge of working within a new practice and with new procedures?
If your answer is yes, then the Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) Perioperative Program is your answer! Our program provides a diverse, comprehensive and innovative experience that includes:
• All surgical specialties – Cardiac, Thoracic, Vascular, Neuro, Reconstructive Plastic and more
• Pediatrics and Adult
• Trauma Services
About the Department
Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) is one of two Interior Health’s tertiary referral hospitals offering high-level, specialty medical care. The site includes an expanded emergency department, a state-of-the-art Medical Device Reprocessing department, 21 operating room and a rooftop helipad.
The perioperative program at KGH operates in a brand new facility that features 21 Operating Rooms with a Hybrid OR. The department is equipped with integrated systems including booms, lights, and video.
Our typical nursing schedules are based on 8 hour shifts and include Days, Evenings and Nights with rotating days off.
What We Offer
• Relocation assistance for eligible positions
• BC Student Loan forgiveness for eligible applicants
• Employee pension plan
• Supportive learning
• Comprehensive benefit packages
• Paid annual vacation
• Disability and life insurance
• Team Environment
Joining the KGH Perioperative team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within the fantastic communities we serve!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current CPR certification required
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area (perioperative nursing) and one year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment on an operating room similar in size and scope to the facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21-$54.28
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.