Who Are We Looking For
The Gateby Care Facility in Vernon, B.C. is looking for a Casual Cook II to join their team! We are looking for team members with a flexible schedule who is available to work rotating day shifts (including weekends and holidays when required). If you are hard working, compassionate, and have a patient-centric focus on care....Apply today!
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Department such as:
• Prepares assigned food items by following established menus, recipes and quantity quotas;
• Plans preparation and cooking schedule;
• Cooks and seasons assigned food and therapeutic diet items such as, soups, sauces, salads, starches, meats and other protein menu items, vegetables and desserts;
• Controls portioning of food items to ensure recipe yield meets assigned quantity quotas;
• Maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste;
• Cleans cooking area and equipment;
• Assigns tasks to designated food service workers and provides related training and orientation;
• Checks returned diet trays for items not consumed and makes substitutions according to therapeutic diet;
• Portions out and serves food and beverages within dining areas;
• Performs other related duties.
How Will You Create Impact?
If you want to make a positive impact within your community, consider joining our team today! At Interior Health we strive to work together to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities, inspired by innovation and partnership to elevate the health and well-being for all. You can make a real difference within our Support Services teams, click here learn more
How Will We Help You Grow?
At Interior Health there is room to grow! While many of our Support Services positions may start as casual, there is an abundance of opportunity from within to grow your career and to secure permanent and/or temporary work. Interior Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid vacation (minimum 4 weeks to start for full time) and Municipal Pension Plan for eligible employees.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in quantity cooking, or;
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of this position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Candidate willing to train at NHE, PVM, PVP as well
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.