Who Are We Looking For?
The Queen Victoria Hospital in Revelstoke is hiring a Permanent Full Time Housekeeping Supervisor to join their Support Services team! If you excel in organization and thrive working in a high volume, high capacity department then we want to hear from you!
This position works Monday to Friday from 07:00 – 15:00
What Will You Work On?
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization and under the general direction of the Manager, oversees the day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping Department and assists with routine supervision of the housekeeping staff.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Support Services Supervisor include:
• Supervises housekeeping staff by scheduling and co-coordinating work assignments and setting out project work. When directed by the Manager, calls in relief staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Monitors employee performance and determines related orientation and training requirements. Informs the Manager of any performance issues or skill improvement needs.
• Assists staff in the development of new work methods and procedures, identifying problems and making recommendations for alternative solutions.
• Provides orientation to new staff and in services on issues relevant to housekeeping. Performs a variety of housekeeping duties as required.
• Coordinates work with other departments and liaises with department heads and supervisors to resolve situations that impede work flows.
• Orders supplies and equipment from suppliers in accordance with established standards and procedures.
• In consultation with the Manager, prepares the budget estimates for the department. Monitors operational expenses, including staffing levels and workload patterns.
• Reviews work areas for quality of cleaning and provide feedback to the Manager.
• Monitors departmental needs and ensures there are adequate supplies available to the staff.
• Evaluates and selects all housekeeping equipment, chemicals and cleaning supplies.
• Ensures safety and sanitation practices and procedures are adhered to by utilizing checklists and other audit tools. Reports any problems in accordance with established procedures
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
How Will You Make An Impact?
Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisors are vital team members within the health care system and play an important role in the health and wellbeing of our patients, visitors and Staff. If you are looking for meaningful work that has a positive impact within your community, and room to grow – apply today!
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health provides opportunities to gain permanent and temporary work, cross-training into other areas of support services and beyond, and providing employer paid health and wellness benefits including pension plan and group life benefits. If you are looking for a great leadership opportunity, learn more about Support Services here!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12 plus three years' recent, related experience including six months’ supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to supervise.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.