If you are an experienced Pathologist's Assistant who is looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a beautiful natural setting; then consider joining our welcoming team at the Kelowna General Hospital in Kelowna, B.C.
What you will work on
Pathologist’s Assistant performs a variety of tasks associated with the gross examination of surgical pathology specimens and post-mortem examinations for medical cases under the direction of a Pathologist. This position works Monday to Friday, with weekends and Stat holidays off.
Some typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Prepares gross examination and completes dissection and dictation of surgical specimen
• Prepares tissues for microscopic examination for frozen section analysis, including orientation, cutting and staining
• Performs post-mortem examinations for medical purposes
• Organizes clinical information and correct legal authorizations for post-mortem
• Maintains accurate records of work including manually and electronically using the Laboratory Information System (LIS) or other computer systems and programs
• Maintains equipment and work area, performs regular maintenance and quality control and troubleshooting of instruments
About this location
The KGH Laboratory is our largest and most specialized 24/7 lab and progressive teaching facility. The Lab consists of hundreds of team members who work collaboratively in a variety of disciplines such as Collections, Accession, Chemistry, Hematology, Transfusion Medicine, Microbiology, Histology, AP and Molecular.
The hospital is situated just moments from Okanagan Lake in the vibrant and growing city of Kelowna. The city offers so much for professionals and families to enjoy such as shopping, dining, golfing, tons of hiking and biking trails, amazing beaches and world-class winter sports. Live, work and play where others only vacation!
Reasons to Apply
Interior Health offers so many great benefits and services! Competitive pay plus shift premiums, the opportunity to work with a diverse team, generous employer-paid vacation, sick time, extended health & dental; as well as learning and career development opportunities
Graduation from an approved Master’s Pathologist Assistant Program or equivalent.
Eligible for membership with Canadian Association of Pathologists (CAP).
Three (3) years' recent surgical and autopsy pathology experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.