East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC is looking for a Casual Health Records File Clerk to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 12 and one year's recent experience....Apply today!
This position performs clerical functions related to the preparation, retrieval, distribution and maintenance of health records, such as:
• Health record duties related to admissions and discharge of patients;
• Performs quantitative analysis;
• Sorts, photocopies and distributes reports and records;
• Files patient visits and associated loose medical reports;
• Retrieves, delivers, and signs outpatient health records;
• Answers inquiries regarding patient's charts and releases patient information to authorized requestors;
• Maintains incomplete chart area and pulls designated cases for review by various committees.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, days – 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit your High School Diploma.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.