We have a permanent, part-time opening in Long-Term Care that is a Tuesday and Wednesday schedule in conjunction with a second permanent, part-time opening at South Similkameen Health Centre that is a Monday, Thursday and alternating Friday schedule.
Keremeos | At Orchard Haven the Occupational Therapist is a member of the rehabilitation team providing assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education to long-term care residents who are no longer able to stay at home safely. Orchard Haven is a one-level, seniors care home with 35 private rooms and includes a 10 bed Dementia care unit.
Princeton | Ridgewood Lodge is a one-storey, seniors care home with 37 private and semi-private rooms. Travel is involved with these positons. Access to a personal vehicle may be required.
This position offers orientation to team, formal education opportunities available, mentorship from senior therapists and team members. Opportunity to take on leadership projects, changes management and transition to leadership positions.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• Eligible positions qualify for relocation support
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Generous paid vacation entitlement
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Employee pension plan
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist who is creative and passionate about client-centred care. Ability to be autonomous within team based care models in community home health and long term care. Ability to organize time and prioritize work appropriately.
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
We welcome upcoming Masters of Occupational Therapy new graduates or applicants with provisional registration and to apply!
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.