Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Westview Place in Penticton, BC!
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
Typical duties include:
• Assist with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is a part-time relief opportunity until the return of the incumbent, working rotating days, evenings, and nights with shift times of 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, and 23:00 to 07:00.
As these are permanent opportunities, successful applicants will be eligible for our full comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental coverage, group life and disability insurance, paid sick and vacation time and an excellent pension!
This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their residents and their community. Apply today!
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please upload a copy of your health care certificate.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.