Penticton Health Centre has a relief, part-time (0.50 FTE) opening.
Effective April 1, 2023, hourly rates of pay: $25.96 to $28.30
This position will provide Interior Health’s Dental staff offer prevention education to children 0 to 6 years of age and their caregivers in various community settings (e.g. Health Centres, Child Development Centres, Community Agencies, Friendship Centres, and schools). Dental Health Services offer presentations targeting Pregnancy Outreach groups, Early Years programs, preschools/daycares, and schools. The Lift the Lip dental program is offered at Health Centres for children ages 0 to 4 by appointment only. The program includes cavity risk assessments, dental screening, oral health education, and fluoride varnish application.
The Certified Dental Assistant assists with dental screening programs, the development and delivery of dental education programs and health promotion activities, preparing dental supplies and equipment, and completing data entry for screening programs and services. The Certified Dental Assistant functions with a great degree of independence with an understanding of policies and procedures involved with preventive dental programs.
This temporary position with Penticton’s Dental Health Services is to provide coverage until August 2024, or return of incumbent. Schedule is Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 08:30 to 15:10 hours.
We are looking for a Certified Dental Assistant who likes to work with children birth to pre-school, with great planning and organizational skills, and ability to communicate effectively with others.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package and generous vacation entitlement.
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary.
• Relocation Allowance assistance.
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre to complete training courses to allow you to build on and develop your skills.
• Employee Health and Wellness programs are available to employees and family members.
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for IH staff.
If this sounds like a fit for you, we would love to receive your application and interest.
• Grade 12
• Certified Dental Assistant Certificate
• Registration and licensure as a Certified Dental Assistant in B.C.
• One year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.