Interior Health is seeking experienced and dynamic Registered Nurses to join our Emergency Department at the KOOTENAY LAKE HOSPITAL in beautiful NELSON, B.C. If emergency nursing is your passion and you are a reliable, flexible and motivated registered nurse interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, apply today!
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to emergency patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:30 to 19:30, 19:30 to 07:30 hours.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
Community: Located on the shores of beautiful Kootenay Lake and surrounded by the Selkirk Mountains is the picturesque community of Nelson. Lush parks, colourful gardens and over 350 heritage buildings give the city of Nelson a unique charm. Known as “City of the Arts,” Nelson has been consistently ranked as the number one small town arts community in Canada. Residents enjoy a wide range of leisure pursuits, including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, golfing, and skiing. Nelson is an economically diverse community supported by small retail businesses, tourism, and internet-based businesses.
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area as required by the position:
o Emergency – Advanced preparation in an ED clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
o Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.