Certified Orthotist relief fulltime opportunity with Kelowna General Hospital (KGH).
What Will You Work On?
Receiving referrals, assessing clients’ needs, designing and/or selecting appropriate orthoses, fitting and adjusting orthoses, examining and evaluating existing orthoses and making recommendations for repair/replacement. Orthotists are supported by technical rehab and administrative support staff while providing In-Patient and Out-Patient Services.
How Will You Create Impact?
Working in Acute Care and Outpatients at KGH, this position designs and fits orthoses to enable clients to function better and improve their quality of life. It offers a unique Orthotist experience working in the rehabilitation setting within the hospital. The Orthotist consults with interdisciplinary team members, other health care providers and suppliers, promotes orthotic services, and maintains knowledge of current trends and new technology in the field of orthotics.
How Will We Help You Grow?
The Orthotic and Prosthetic Department is a full service department integrated with the Rehabilitation Centre. The Orthotist will receive support from the Professional Practice Leader (PPL) and current Orthotists and Technical staff on-site, as well rehabilitation colleagues from across Interior Health.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a certified Orthotist with desire to work within the public practice environment. The Orthotist will have excellent oral and written communication abilities & be able to connect with people from all types of backgrounds. The Orthotist will be creative in supporting clients’ goals while assessing extent of disability and measuring client to established dimensions of orthosis. The Orthotist will be an active and engaged team member, able to respectfully communicate and resolve conflict in a timely manner.
Reasons to Join Interior Health
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package and generous vacation entitlement.
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary.
• Relocation Allowance assistance.
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre to complete training courses to allow you to build on and develop your skills.
• Employee Health and Wellness programs are available to employees and family members.
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for IH staff.
• Completion of recognized Orthotics Program and two years’ recent experience in a rehabilitation health care setting, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Certification in Orthotics from the Canadian Board for Certification of Prosthetists and Orthotists (CBCPO) and eligible for membership in the Canadian Association for Prosthetics and Orthotics (CAPO).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.