We are seeking a permanent full time skilled Medical Staff Recruiter with demonstrated full cycle recruitment experience, including marketing and sourcing in specialized and difficult to fill positions, to join our high functioning physician recruitment team.
This position offers a flexible worksite within our healthcare region.
Who are we looking for?
Are you a passionate, experienced recruiter with strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport and develop/manage effective relationships? Are you a creative and innovative thinker with a focus on continuous development of recruitment strategies to attract talent? Do the words ‘determined’ and ‘solution-focused’ describe you well? If so, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you!
What will you work on?
The Physician Recruiter is responsible for the marketing, sourcing and recruitment of physicians, as identified on the Medical Staff Resource plan, within the specific portfolio of physician recruitment activities. Our physician recruitment team works in partnership with physician leaders and collaboratively with related Interior Health (IH) departments such as Medical Affairs and Human Resources and external community partners, while delivering a customer focused approach with candidates as well as physician and IH administration leaders.
Some typical duties of the role:
• Ensures IH physician recruitment needs are being met according to the Medical Staff Resource Plan.
• Works collaboratively with physician recruitment leaders, Chiefs of Staff, Executive Medical Directors, and IH Administrators and Managers to proactively identify and fulfill physician recruitment needs.
• Develops marketing campaigns and advertisements for maximum exposure and cost-effectiveness to target qualified physicians.
• Liaises and builds relationships with educational institutions to attract residents and physicians.
• Develops strong relationships with community partners, such as the Divisions of Family Practice, Healthmatch B.C., and Doctors of B.C.
• Fiscally responsible for all areas of physician recruitment including advertising, recruitment claims, department travel expenses, and effective utilization of any eligible reimbursement available.
• Creates and maintains a pipeline of qualified physician candidates.
• Prescreens and short-lists candidates as per specifications.
• Organizes interviews, reference checks, and recruitment visits.
• Produces reports on recruitment activities as well as analyzes trends to enhance overall recruitment efforts.
• Identifies and participates in developing, evaluating, and making continuous improvement to recruitment practices and services.
• Plans and attends approved physician recruitment conferences.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong recruitment skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree.
• A minimum of five years of recent, related experience; recruiting in a complex environment focused on high profile positions.
• Advanced knowledge and creative ability in recruitment marketing and sourcing techniques for hard-to-fill positions.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior leaders, Regional Districts, and MLAs.
• Political astuteness.
Skills and Abilities:
• Sound knowledge of medical staff recruitment activities and best practice within IH and throughout the province.
• Knowledge of the Medical Staff Resource Plan and applicable policies and procedures.
• Possess a customer-focused approach and the ability to develop effective relationships with physician leaders, IH administrators and managers, and external stakeholders.
• Ability to establish rapport with individuals of all educational and occupational backgrounds.
• Enjoy working independently and as a collaborative team member including being able to cover recruitment needs in other portfolios as needed.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written and oral communication.
• Demonstrable professionalism, confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
• Utilize problem-solving and root-cause analytical skills.
• Ability to drive results in a positive and professional manner in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
• Demonstrated experience in interviewing and using selection tools.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and any applicant tracking system.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
“Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the B.C. Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).”
Starting salary is approximately from 65K to 80K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.