Interior Health’s North Hills Care Centre has a permanent, full-time Occupational Therapist opening.
What We Offer:
• Relocation allowance
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits package
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid vacation
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Job stability and team environment
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
This position is integrated into the Community Home Health Team to support the clients’ improvement towards self-management of chronic conditions in the home and/or community setting. Possible coverage in other areas of temporary vacancies, such as Long-Term Care, Community Mental Health, may be required.
What will you work on:
• A Community Home Health Occupational Therapist provides in-home assessments, consultations, treatment and education to a wide range of clients and their families. Services include training in the use of mobility devices like walkers and crutches; or recommending modifications to make a home accessible and safe.
• Providing work direction to the rehabilitation assistants working with the team in regards to transfer of function.
• Working collaboratively with the home health team to determine a treatment care plan.
• Travel radius is mainly within Kamloops with the occasional rural coverage if required less than 60 km. Fleet vehicle utilized for any rural coverage.
• Days of work are Mondays to Fridays. Occasional weekend coverage may be required.
How will we help you grow:
• Support and knowledge sharing from an established interdisciplinary team.
• Be part of the Home Health transformational work to ensure a team based care approach for each home health client.
• Numerous educational opportunities are available as part of this transformation work.
Apply today! Explore work-life balance a shift’s end!
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Valid Driver’s license.
We welcome upcoming MSc OT grads and OTs eligible for College registration transfer to apply!
Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $40.84 to $50.80
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.