A permanent Medical Lab Technologist position available at the Penticton Regional Hospital. This position is a 0.70fte part-time and works rotating days with a variety of day, evening and night shifts. Pay rate as of April 1, 2023 will be $35.18 to $43.91
With this opportunity comes eligibility for a $10,000 signing bonus as well as a generous relocation allowance
We are committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work-life balance are promoted within the team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in our region.
About the job:
MLTs work in a supportive, team-based environment and perform a variety of duties within the assigned discipline department. Your responsibilities will include:
• Performing routine and/or complex tests, utilizing manual procedures and automated instruments
• Entering data into the Lab Information System (LIS), related systems and programs
• Validating and reporting test results
• Maintaining instruments, preparing solutions and control agents
• Contributing to training, evaluation and improvement programs
What we offer:
We offer welcoming workplaces along with a range of benefits, services and policies to support you at every stage of your career.
• Competitive pay and shift premiums
• Generous relocation assistance
• Employer-paid vacation starting at 4 weeks
• Employer-paid insurance, health and dental benefits
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Education and development opportunities
About this location:
Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) is a referral centre for three community hospitals and one diagnostic centre in the South Okanagan. Our Emergency department sees upwards of 36k visits and we have 129 acute beds and 102 extended care beds and offer a full range of health services to the community.
Penticton has one of the best year-round climates in Canada, where you can enjoy two beautiful lakes, acres of parks, and wilderness trails on the local mountains. Penticton's population is approximately 33,000 and offers small town charm with bigger city amenities. Live work and play where others only vacation!
• Graduation from an approved Medical Laboratory Science Program
• Current certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) and eligible for membership with the BC Society of Laboratory Sciences (BCSLS) and/or CSMLS
• One (1) year recent related experience
**New Rate as of April 1, 2023 will be $35.18 to $43.91
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.