This position may be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is currently seeking an Operating Room Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to work within a patient and family centered care model at the Kelowna General Hospital in Kelowna, BC.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
• Provides practical nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied surgical interventions.
• Consults, confers, and collaborates with other members of the surgical team in facilitating safe and effective surgical interventions through the performance of scrubbing and circulating duties in accordance with established standards and protocols.
• Participates in pre-operative, operative, and post-operative activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
We currently have PERMANENT FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME opportunities available. Shifts of work will be scheduled days, evenings and/or nights, rotating from 07:30 to 15:30, 07:30 to 17:30, 15:15 to 23:15, 23:00 to 07:30 hours.
About this location/unit:
Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) is a tertiary hospital with 400+ acute care beds and is the region’s main referral centre offering a full range of services. The Interior Heart & Surgical Centre (IHSC) is KGH’s principal surgical site and features 19 functioning OR theatres where two function per evening. Two OR theatres are dedicated to Cardiac Surgery and one Hybrid Room features a floor mounted fluro machine. Surgical procedures include: Cardiac, Ortho Trauma, Obs/Gyne, Pediatrics, Neurosurgery, General Surgery, Thoracic, Vascular, Orthopedics, Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, ENT, Dental, and Urology.
As a member of the KGH Operating Room team, you will have primarily Scrub role duties (secondary Circulating duties based on experience) during surgical procedures and coordinate and oversee the overall care of the client. We are organized in team based clusters for services. Staffing consists of three nurses per room: 2 RNs: 1 LPN.
We are a team of Surgeons, Anaesthesiologists, Staff Anesthesia Assistants and Nursing staff who pride ourselves on being a supportive group delivering the highest quality of care in a complex high acuity environment.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
See what makes Interior Health a Top Employer!
See why Nursing at Interior Health is such an amazing opportunity!
Learn more about the Okanagan Valley!
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses with the full range of current licensed practical nursing competencies, and graduation from an accredited O.R. program for Licensed Practical Nurses plus one (1) year recent related experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse in acute care, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Current CPR certification required
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $31.89 - $40.15
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.