Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Transition Liaison Registered Nurse to join our team in beautiful Creston, B.C.!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Transition Liaison Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers; acts as a resource to patients and their families and various health service teams and professionals in the assessment of patient needs and eligibility for appropriate services and resources
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates patient access and care transition activities between IH facilities and health care services across the continuum of care for all assigned patients with complex care planning and health service needs
• Provides comprehensive assessment of patients and identifies variances from care/discharge plans and service needs, as well as resolution of patient, caregiver and system issues
• Establishes and facilitates communication linkages between IH facilities, health care services, community partners, physicians, health professionals and patients and their families
• Communicates changes in the day to day access and care transition service needs of the patient
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days Monday to Thursday from 08:00 to 15:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
The quiet community of Creston is located south of Kootenay Lake in the heart of the Rockies Region in Southeast BC and is nestled between the Purcell and Selkirk Mountains. Creston has a complete range of services and facilities, which provide for a comfortable and satisfying lifestyle! Known as “The Valley of the Swans,” the Creston Valley is a breathtaking combination of mountain peaks, fields of grain, deep clear lakes and wide-open spaces.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing plus two (2) years recent related clinical experience which includes a combination of Community and Acute Care nursing experience working with the assigned complex patient/client population; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) required
• Current valid B.C. Drivers License required
Effective April 1, 2023 - hourly rate $40.21-$54.28 per hour.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.