We are looking for a permanent full time Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Systems Architect to join our Information Management Information Technology (IMIT) Service Delivery team at the Kelowna Warehouse (Reids) in Kelowna, B.C.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with experience in virtual desktop management, someone who uses a modern and progressive approach to managing a desktop environment, has familiarity with Windows operating systems and Certifications in VMware products, specifically VMWare Horizon.
What will you work on?
The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Systems Architect evaluates, plans, implements, tests, maintains, and supports complex virtual desktop infrastructure within Interior Health. By analyzing the current state and matching opportunities with business needs and available technologies, this position will ensure that appropriate VDI technology is being developed, deployed, and managed - working toward optimization of the virtual desktop environment for Interior Health.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Undertakes complex virtual desktop infrastructure projects from preliminary analysis to post implementation review.
• Acts as a liaison with members of the assigned areas/departments and vendors to trouble shoot problems, research and evaluate alternatives and implement recommendations.
• Configures, tests, supports and maintains complex virtual desktop infrastructure components including various virtual desktop pools, virtual desktop software, and any specialized physical hardware use to host virtual desktops.
• Monitors the virtual desktop infrastructure in Interior Health and reports on VDI metrics including licensing, expansion capacity, system availability, and performance.
• Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of vendor applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing, problem resolution/debugging of program coding for use within a virtual desktop environment.
• Designs, develops, implements and evaluates new virtual desktop infrastructure solutions.
• Develops instructional material for Field Services technicians and operations staff to assist them with supporting and maintaining virtual desktop infrastructure.
• Travels throughout IH to consult with application analysts and IH managers on the analysis and implementation of workflows surrounding virtual desktop technologies.
• Provides informational input and expertise during acquisition of products and services and during development of department project plans, project priorities and tactical plans as required.
• Designs, develops, tests, and implements new VDI gold images or templates as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong technical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
If you are looking for a position that allows you to truly make an impact in health care delivery this is the position for you. With ongoing training and networking opportunities throughout the province this is an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training & Experience:
Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science.
Two years' recent VDI related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid BC Drivers License.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to write programs in a variety of programming languages
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.