Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Solutions and Cloud Architect to join our Information Management Information Technology (IMIT) Application Support team.
** The worksite location for this position is flexible within the Interior Health Region.
About the Role / What will the person work on?
The Solutions and Cloud Architect leads the development, design, building, monitoring, maintenance and assessment of application platforms including cloud. The Solutions and Cloud Architect will work in conjunction with the Digital Health leadership team to ensure design, changes and support of software platforms are in line with the overarching vision and management application management to support Interior Health business requirements.
The Solutions and Cloud Architect collaborates with application stakeholders fostering relationships and representing Digital Technology Services, architects and leads the continual improvement of application platforms including designing solutions, services, systems, and infrastructure managing security, performance, quality, availability, and cost to meet changing business needs. Stays current with technical trends and best practices to maintain and mentor application and cloud expertise.
Some of the duties include but are not limited to: Preparing for and leading technical discussions, distilling feedback and providing recommendations for leadership review. Documenting / learning current on prem infrastructure and architecture building out recommended transition plans taking into account risk/benefit/total cost of ownership.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a technical expert with proven experience in cloud migration strategies. Educated and a lifelong learner maintaining currency of knowledge in cloud hosting best practice. Strong written and verbal communication skills with a focus on technical writing and the ability to communicate complex concepts and scenarios to executives for decision making purposes. Someone with current technical training in cloud engineering or relevant cloud hosting / architecture through recognized education institutions or market leaders such as Microsoft, Amazon or Google.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
How will we help them grow?
Our team members enjoy a friendly environment with peer professionals. There will be opportunities to work on cutting edge technology and platforms with support for education.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong technical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline or equivalent is required.
• Minimum eight (8) years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, application management or related field with a track record of assessing, migrating, and supporting cloud and hybrid cloud architecture
• Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and application llfecycle management.
• Familiarity with the underlying virtual server operating systems, networks, active directory, command line, and automation.
• Cloud Architect or related technical certifications are an asset.
• Course work in a health-related area or experience working in the healthcare field is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
• ITIL v4 experience: contribute to end-to-end service from service strategy to service delivery and improvement.
• Information Architecture and Development: define how information and information systems support business goals.
• Strong decision-making agility considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to select the most appropriate one
• Information Integration: integrate information and content from multiple sources and channels.
• Business-outcomes orientation – with a solid foundation in enterprise architectural awareness
• Maintain connections with honest and trustworthy collaborations over a range of audiences and channels.
• Start new work and carry-on job duties without direct supervision.
• Maintain agility, resiliency, and intellectual rigor in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
• Communication, conflict, and coaching fundamentals.
• Planning, organizing, budgeting, and negotiation fundamentals.
• General knowledge of current healthcare issues and health information standards.
• Demonstrated ability to apply an evidence-based framework to inform decision-making.
• Excellent presentation, interviewing, facilitating, and negotiating skills.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
“Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the B.C. Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).”
Starting salary is approximately from 92K to 115K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.