Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Cardiac Services Nurse to join our team at the Kelowna General Hospital in beautiful Kelowna, B.C. If cardiac nursing is your passion and you are trained in Critical Care and are a reliable, flexible and motivated registered nurse, apply today!
The assigned clinical area for this position is the Electrophysiology Program.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to cardiac patients to achieve and maintain optimal health, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a PERMANENT PART-TIME (0.83 FTE) opportunity.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:30 to 19:45, 19:30 to 07:45 hours.
About this location/unit:
Kelowna is home to the new Interior Heart and Surgical Centre (IHSC) at Kelowna General Hospital built in 2015. The new Regional Cardiac Revascularization Program provides residents of the British Columbia Interior with the cardiac care they need, right here in the heart of the Okanagan Valley.
Our CCU is a 6 bed vented unit and we care for critically ill MI’s, heart failure and pre-op cardiac surgery patients.
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area (Critical Care), one year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment (such as CSICU, CCU, Cardiac Diagnostic Procedures or Cardiac Cath Lab) on a unit similar in size and scope to the facility, and as required by the practice environment successful completion of the recognized KGH Cardiac Course (such as Cardiac Surgery Advanced Theory or CCU); or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• BCLS within 3 years
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.