Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Department at the ARROW LAKES HOSPITAL in beautiful Nakusp, B.C. If emergency nursing is your passion and you are a reliable, flexible and motivated registered nurse interested in working in a beautiful rural setting, apply today!
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to patients in a variety of clinical settings, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a RELIEF FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY until December 31, 2023, or the return of the incumbent. Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
ALH is a small rural hospital located in Nakusp serving a population of about 5,000. Services provided by Arrow Lakes Hospital include Acute Care 24/7, ER, Mental Health and Addictions Services, Occupational Therapy, Home Care, Residential Care, Physiotherapy Infusion Clinic with visiting specialists. Arrow Lakes Hospital is a well-equipped, well maintained hospital with 6 acute care beds and a 5 bed ED offering services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The hospital is generously supported by the Arrow Lakes Hospital Foundation and the Arrow Lakes Hospital Auxiliary. The inpatient acuity is relatively low, as is the acuity for most of our emergency visits. However, we get about 20% of our ER patients from trauma (heli-skiing, logging, MVAs) or medical emergencies (cardiac, neuro, vascular) requiring transport to higher level care. There is a new helipad on site, supported by Critical Care Transport system.
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area as required by the position:
o Emergency – Advanced preparation in an ED clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
o Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.