We are seeking a Permanent Full-Time Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) to join our team at Arrow Lakes Hospital in Nakusp. If you are motivated and organized PCC this may be the role for you!
As the PCC you will coordinate the nursing care provided by the ward nurses. I.e. delegating patient assignments, providing nurses with clinical practice guidance, developing patient/family care plans, discharge planning and practice standard development.
PCC responsibilities include:
• Supporting/coordinating the seamless movement of patients through the healthcare system and in accessing appropriate resources.
• Supervising staff, as well as serving as a role model and a resource to staff for clinical decision-making, clinical assessments of patients and in the counseling and education of families.
• Reviewing, analysing and making recommendations on the development of administrative systems such as policies, procedures and standards of patient care and adequate staffing levels.
• Developing and maintaining a continuous quality improvement environment.
• Liaising with the interdisciplinary team for identification, coordination and efficient utilization of resources as well as planning for staff educational needs.
This is a Permanent Full-time position. Shift times are Monday to Friday, Days from 08:00-16:00
If you think you would be an asset to our strong and welcoming nursing team, then we would love to hear from you! Come and join us, our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
The Arrow Lakes, established over 100 years ago, have plenty to offer to all residents, from breathtaking scenery and relaxing hot springs, to fabulous golf, plentiful fishing, great hiking trails and many other activities. Nakusp is known for its year-round amenities and warm and friendly community. It is a vibrant business community and offers all the amenities only minutes away.
• Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area
• Three years of recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment
• Two years recent supervisory and teaching experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current CPR certification required.
*This position may qualify for relocation allowance
*THIS POSITION MAY QUALIFY FOR A $10,000 SIGNING BONUS!
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.