Invermere Distrust Hospital has a Respiratory Therapist permanent, full time opening in its Pulmonary Function Lab. Days of work are rotating 08:30 to 16:30 hours. Travel and short notice change of work location for the day, is required with this position.
In this role the Respiratory Therapist assesses and prepares clients for treatment or therapy by reviewing and clarifying physician's requests, obtaining various diagnostic test results and interviewing client/family in order to gather and compile pertinent information for use in planning client care, and plan client treatment using current technologies and therapies and ensures diagnostic/therapeutic procedures are consistent and correct for the client's condition. This is an outpatient service that includes Pulmonary Function testing, walk testing, overnight oximetry testing, and DAP accreditation support.
Education required and recommended for staff is provided at no cost to the employee. This includes BLS, ACLS, NRP and PEARS. Our Educator also organizes education opportunities for every sector to ensure everyone keeps up to date in respiratory therapy practice. We also offer leadership opportunities in a supervisory context as well as “Super Users” for various therapies. We are involved with many research project through our pulmonary function lab as well as quality improvement projects in various departments.
Reasons to Join Interior Health
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package and generous vacation entitlement.
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary.
• Relocation Allowance assistance.
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre to complete training courses to allow you to build on and develop your skills.
• Employee Health and Wellness programs are available to employees and family members.
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for IH staff.
We are looking Respiratory Therapist with critical thinking and excellent communication skills with recent pulmonary and/or acute care experience.
Working together safely. At Interior Health we focus on safety and employee wellness in the workplace to ensure everyone feels safe and supported at work.
• Graduation from a recognized Respiratory Therapy program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.