Bring your superior recruitment experience to this exciting role! We are seeking a seasoned recruiter experienced in full cycle recruitment and creative sourcing specific to healthcare and leadership positions. The successful candidate will be client focused with exceptional relationship building and pipelining skills.
*This position has a flexible work site anywhere within the Interior Health region.
About the role:
The Executive and Employee Recruiter is accountable for designing, developing and executing full cycle executive recruitment strategies to deliver a high touch, high value sourcing and recruitment service for senior leadership positions (specifically those reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Vice Presidents). The Executive and Employee Recruiter creates and utilizes innovative, creative and proactive professional sourcing methods to build and maintain a fresh pipeline of potential candidates. The Executive and Employee Recruiter builds strong working relationships with related IH departments including Health Human Resources Planning, Organizational Development and Career Marketing, and actively networks with external industry professionals, associations other organizations.
• Developing and sustaining Interior Health (IH) recruitment capacity
• Building relationships to attract potential future talent
• A strong recruitment team that supports hiring managers in meeting their health Human Resource needs
Some key duties:
• Designs develops and implements full cycle executive recruitment strategies, tactics, processes and procedures to deliver a high touch, high value sourcing and recruitment service for senior leadership positions.
• Under direction of the Manager, establishes the long-term goals for the Executive Recruitment function, develops, and implements continuous improvement activities.
• Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of IH’s senior leader recruitment needs, and the BC healthcare sector and recruitment market.
• Works with Health Human Resource Planning to anticipate immediate, near and longer term sourcing needs, and provides expert recruitment advice and consultation to Senior Executive Team (SET) members.
• Maintains strong working relationships with the SET members, Health Human Resources Planning and Organization Development to proactively identify and fulfill current and future executive recruitment needs.
• Provides regular reports to the Manager, Director and Vice President, Human Resources regarding the status of recruitment strategies, issues and mitigation.
• Provides regular reports on recruitment activities to the Manager, Director and Vice President, Human Resources, and analyzes trends to enhance overall recruitment efforts.
• Maintains strong industry relationships to stay current on trends in competitive areas such as executive healthcare recruitment.
• Liaises and builds relationships with educational institutions, industry professionals, associations, executive recruitment agencies and other organizations to build positive relationships and maintain sources of potential applicants.
• Researches, analyzes and advises on current and emerging trends with a data driven approach; provides expert guidance on recruitment best practices.
• Leads in depth needs analysis to gain a thorough understanding of the role, the ideal candidate and develop an effective recruitment sourcing strategy.
• Leads the development of marketing strategies, working collaboratively with Career Marketing to ensure marketing strategies gain maximum exposure and target ideal candidates.
• Maintains an up-to-date pipeline of potential candidates using networking, cold calling, corporate search, social media, online tools, job fairs and other creative sourcing methods.
• Prescreens and short-lists candidates against specific role criteria and appropriateness for the role(s) determined in needs analysis. Prepares selected candidates and hiring leads for interviews including coordinating, interpreting and presenting psychometric testing results.
• Develops interview tools utilizing various behavioural, situational and competency-based questions supported by initial job analysis and testing results.
• Works with Senior Executive Assistants to organize interviews and reference checks.
• Works with Compensation to facilitate the offer process and prepares hiring managers with verbal offers.
• Monitors expenditures and hiring budgets.
• Follows up with both the successful candidate and hiring lead post hire to provide onboarding support and evaluate hiring lead and candidate experience.
• Understands, applies, and effectively communicates relevant policies and procedures (such as compensation, benefits and relocation).
• Provides full cycle, high touch recruitment to IH medical staff positions following established medical staff recruitment practices working collaboratively with medical staff leaders, Chiefs of Staff, Executive Medical Directors, and IH Administrators and Managers
• Maintains a positive and productive work environment respecting the value of a team approach to the provision of health services.
• Promotes the creation of a quality work environment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
Education, Training, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Marketing or other related field.
• Five to seven years of recent, related recruitment experience in a health care environment; including a minimum of three years recruiting in a dynamic and diverse organization focused on high profile executive positions.
• Extensive experience using LinkedIn Recruiter, all social media platforms and other networking methods for the purpose of executive recruitment sourcing.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Skills and Abilities
• Expert knowledge of executive recruitment best practice activities including sourcing and marketing techniques for hard-to-fill executive positions.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills including political astuteness and diplomacy to develop effective relationships with senior leaders, other staff, candidates and external stakeholders
• Effective negotiation, influencing and communication skills including written and oral communication
• Demonstrated ability to provide client and candidate focused services at the executive level
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and lead, plan, develop, implement, manage and evaluate a strategic recruitment initiative
• Demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate and consult effectively with a variety of audiences and stakeholder groups using business psychology
• Demonstrated innovative thinker with the ability to translate ideas into process and/or action, including the ability to blend innovative ideas with critical thinking
• Ability to drive results in a positive and professional manner in a complex environment and work well under pressure
• Effective promotional and marketing skills; promotes IH brand by providing effective and professional recruitment services to external candidates and external organizations
• Research and analytical skills
• Enjoy working independently and as a collaborative team member including being agile and able to cover recruitment needs in other portfolios as needed
• Demonstrable professionalism, confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
• Knowledge of human resource policies and procedures as they relate to recruitment
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and any applicant tracking system
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Starting salary is approximately from $67,864 to $97,555 and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.