The Castlegar & District Health Centre is currently looking for reliable and flexible Casual Administrative Services Assistants to join their team!
The successful candidates must have a reliable vehicle and valid B.C. drivers’ license as a condition of employment. If you enjoy working in a fast paced team environment, with the flexibility to work a range of shift types, then we want to hear from you. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current 5 minute Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
• An Office Administration Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
This position performs reception, administrative and Health Unit Aide support such as:
• Regular office and reception duties: Data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information, types correspondence, prepares presentations, arranges meeting, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes, books travel, performs reception duties, record management;
• Schedules and confirms client appointments;
• Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions;
• Maintains medical/surgical supplies, equipment and HCIS resource material;
• Clinical support - cleaning, setting up and dismantling rooms, cleaning/sanitizing toys and equipment, weighing and measuring babies, calibrating equipment, vision screenings;
• Cleans medical equipment and instruments;
• Delivering supplies and biologicals to health unit;
• Deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult.
Hours of work: Rotating Days from 08:30 to 16:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• 4-Step Wage Progression;
• Comprehensive Employee Benefits – BC Medical Services Plan, Dental Plan, Extended Health Care Plan, and Life Insurance – all Employer paid;
• Municipal Pension Plan;
• Generous vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks in full time positions;
• Continuing Education program; and
• Disability & Wellness Programs.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
• One years recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver's License
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type at 40 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Ability to organize and prioritize
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
• Knowledge of nursing equipment
• Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures
• Business writing skills
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit an Office Administration Certificate, 5 minute Typing Test (minimum 40 wpm within past 48 months) and copy of Driver's License.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.