100 Mile House (OMH) Community Health and Long-Term Care has an immediate permanent, full time Occupational Therapist opening.
What We Offer
• Relocation allowance
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits package
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid vacation
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Job stability and team environment
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
This is a Sole Charge position requiring the Occupational Therapist to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team. In this position the Occupational Therapist receives referrals from clients requiring Community and Home Health services and from residents in Long-Term Care facilities Fischer Place and Mill Site Lodge. Community Home Health is provided to 100 Mile House and to surrounding communities.
Fifty percent of time is seeing community home health clients from age of 18+ who are provided in-home assessments, consultations, treatment and education. Services include training in the use of mobility devices like walkers and crutches; or recommending modifications to make a home accessible and safe. And works collaboratively with the home health team to determine a treatment care plan. The other 50 percent of time is seeing long-term care residents and short-stay clients. In both areas of practice the Occupational Therapist provides work direction to the rehabilitation assistants working with the teams in regards to transfer of function. Local travel is required in this role within the surrounding area. Access to personal vehicle will be required; a valid Driver’s License is necessary.
Professional occupational therapy practice is supported at multiple levels. Locally by the Cariboo team at large and by the group of Occupational Therapists working within Williams Lake and Kamloops. Direct supervision for this positon is provided by the Physiotherapy Professional Practice Leader for Williams Lake and 100 Mile House.
BC’s rural towns and smaller cities offer natural beauty, access to backcountry adventures, community connections, peace of mind, and a quieter way of life. Experience the satisfaction that comes from working and living in a rural area. Explore 100 Mile House!
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
• Practice specific requirements and experience in programs applicable to practice area.
• Valid Driver’s license where required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.