We are currently seeking Psychiatric Aides to join our Tertiary Mental Health team at Hillside Centre in Kamloops, BC.
As the Psychiatric Aide, you will work as a key team member of a multi-disciplinary tertiary acute psychiatry/psycho-geriatric/neuropsychiatric services team that provides patient care within the tertiary centre. Working under the direction of RN’s, RPNs and LPN’s, Psychiatric Aides follow established care plans and routines to deliver the best patient care possible.
Some typical duties and responsibilities:
• Assist patients with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with patient mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Transport patients both within and outside of the facility
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration, providing catheter care, administering enemas and suppositories, taking weight and vital signs, applying non-sterile dressings and topical medications, performing diabetic urine and blood testing, and obtaining routine urine and stool samples
• Vital signs, documents on patient’s chart and responds to call bells/alarm
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in patient progress, symptoms and condition
• Assists with the provision of activation and socialization services for mental health patients
• Perform clerical duties and other related duties
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Hours will typically be on day (07:00 to 19:00) or night (19:00 to 07:00) shifts.
Are you looking for a chance to be part of a fast paced, vibrant tertiary mental health unit and work alongside a team of LPNs, RPNs, and RNs? This might just be the opportunity you were looking for. Apply today to join the team!
• Grade 12, Resident Care Attendant Certificate, and one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current First Aid, CPR, and Food Safe Certificates
• A valid class V BC driver’s license
*Along with a copy of your resume or CV, please upload a copy of your certificate.*
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.