Who Are We Looking For?
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Full Time Health Records | File Clerk with the KGH team! This position works Monday to Friday evening shifts from 16:00 to 23:59.
What Will You Work On?
This position performs clerical functions related to the preparation, retrieval, distribution and maintenance of health records such as:
• Performs health record duties related to admissions and discharge of patients such as retrieval and delivery of records, signing in and out of records, sorting and distributing medical reports.
• Performs quantitative analysis by checking patient charts for accuracy and completeness in accordance with established policies, standards and guidelines.
• Sorts, photocopies and distributes reports and records as required/directed.
• Files inpatient, outpatient, emergency and day care visits and associated loose medical reports.
• In accordance with established policies, standards and guidelines retrieves, delivers, and signs out patient health records for various patient care areas (such as Emergency, Ambulatory Care, nursing units, etc.) as requested/directed.
• Answers inquiries regarding patient's charts in accordance established policies, standards and guidelines. Releases patient information to authorized requestors as required/directed by retrieving, photocopying and distributing records or refers to Health Records Administrator in accordance with established procedures.
• Maintains incomplete chart area for physicians and ensures chart completion is performed within a set time frame.
• Pulls designated cases for review by various committees as requested/directed.
• Locates missing charts as requested/directed.
• Orders, receives and obtains department supplies in accordance with established procedures as required.
• Participates in continuous quality improvement activities by performing duties such as providing input/feedback to the Manager on work procedures and opportunities for process improvement.
• Assists with orienting new staff by performing duties such as demonstrating work procedures and demonstrating use of equipment.
What should your application include?
• Completion of Grade 12
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced File Clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Kelowna is a worldwide tourist destination. Surrounded by a glorious range of mountains is a sanctuary filled with pristine lakes, pine forests, orchards and vineyards, sandy beaches and superb amenities. It has miles of beautiful parklands and a multitude of sandy beaches provide wonderful opportunities for boating, swimming, water-skiing, windsurfing and fishing. Even Kelowna's main street ends at a beach! Most golf courses are open nine months out of the year. In cooler months, our snow-capped mountains and pine filled forests are a haven for skiers, boarders, snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists of all types and levels. Three major ski hills are within a 1 hour drive - Big White, Silver Star and Apex, as well as several cross country ski hills such as Sovereign Lake Nordic Club. More than 30 unique wineries offer tours and tastings for all palates. That’s not all. Kelowna’s growing Cultural District covers a six-block downtown area and features an array of galleries, museums, theatres, artists’ studios, fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant cultural life all year long. Prospera Place, a 6,000-seat multi-purpose facility home to the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, attracts major entertainers and events, and is also located in the heart of the city. Kelowna, home of the Ogopogo and the only floating bridge in Canada!
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12, plus one year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.