Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Medical team at the Penticton Regional Hospital in beautiful Penticton, B.C.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a permanent part-time opportunity.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
PRH: Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) acts as a referral centre to three community hospitals and one diagnostic centre in the South Okanagan and includes a regional population of 85,000. It has an operating capacity of 129 acute beds and 102 extended care beds. A full range of services are provided with the exception of open heart surgery, neuro surgery, and recent spinal cord injury care. This is a great place to experience a variety of medical and surgical nursing units and build and expand your nursing skills.
5th Floor: Level 5 of the David E. Kampe Tower in Penticton Regional Hospital is a 28 bed unit that mainly has medical patients with few surgical cases on an as needed basis. It is a great place to experience a variety of medical nursing with the occasional surgical experience thrown in. The unit is supportive and excited to welcome students and strive to provide a positive learning experience. The team is interdisciplinary working collaboratively with RN and LPNs providing direct patient care.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.