Who Are We Looking For?
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Royal Inland Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Patient Registration Clerk in Kamloops B.C.! This is a Permanent Part-Time position working rotating days & Evenings - 09:00 to 15:00, 06:30 to 14:30, 15:00 to 23:00, 16:00 to 00:00, 05:45 to 13:45, 16:00 to 20:00.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will work in a customer-focused, team-oriented framework performing clerical and patient registration & Cashier duties including:
• Patient registration;
• Identifies bed booking options;
• Cashier duties - receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, recording payments in cash journals and summary sheets, and issuing change and receipts;
• Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping, returns valuables and maintains related records;
• Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, and transfers;
• Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas;
• Processes requests for patient telephone system, setting up phone and payment plan;
• Performs other related duties as required
What should your application include?
• Completion of Grade 12
• A current Typing Test of 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution
• Proof of Knowledge of a Medical Terminology;
• Your Resume indicating three year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Patient Registration clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Spectacular landscapes, Kamloops is home to an incredibly diverse landscape of sagebrush-covered hills, ravines, wide open grasslands, rugged mountains, forested valleys and pristine lakes. Summer offers fishing, kayaking, rafting, hiking, horseback riding, camping, award winning mountain biking and the Tobiano golf course is ranked as one of Canada’s best. Winter brings the opportunity for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding, and ice-skating, or just 45 minutes out of town; Sun Peaks Four Season Resort offers the best skiing and snowboarding in the area. With over 2,000 hours of sunshine each year, this city offers everything you'd want in an urban centre while still providing the small town relaxed lifestyle.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12
• Two years; recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 45 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.