Who are we looking for?
Noric House Extended Care is looking for a Casual Support Workers to join their team! If you have Grade 10, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
The Casual shift of this position include all of the following hours:
• 06:50 to 15:00, 10:30 to 18:45
**Please Note** Casual work does not guarantee hours and get called for shifts on an as-needed basis**
**Please note, the successful candidate is responsible for working the rotation of this position, the days and hours of work are not flexible.**
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within the Support Services such as:
• Cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables, sinks, machines and equipment and washing walls and splash areas; removes garbage as required, defrosts and cleans refrigerators, and cleans ovens
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, writing information on menu cards and checking cards against lists.
• Collects waste and recycling from patient rooms, the nursing stations and other locations in the site and removes from building to designated holding areas.
• Cleans areas such as floors, walls and windows by methods such as dry and wet mopping, scrubbing, sealing, waxing, buffing, polishing & vacuuming.
• Cleans items such as furniture, contact points, ledges, vents, mirrors and equipment.
• Reports inoperable equipment or damaged, unsafe equipment or building surfaces in accordance with established procedures
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Valid Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.