Who Are We Looking For?
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Victorian Hospital of Kaslo, BC is looking for a Casual Patient Registration Receptionist to join their team! When scheduled this position works rotating days 08:00 to 16:00. This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will work in a customer-focused, team-oriented framework performing a variety of clerical duties such as:
• Patient registration,
• Booking outpatient appointments,
• Pulling and assembling charts,
• Reception duties,
• Cashier functions and journal entry (general ledger accounting test to be done in-house),
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
What should your application include?
• Completion of Grade 12
• A current Typing Test of 50 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
If you are an experienced Patient Registration Receptionist and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Kaslo is a quaint village with an abundance of Victorian architecture that echoes back to the sunshine days of the British Empire. The people of Kaslo consider their "Victorian Village" a special place - rich in history, strong in spirit, spectacular in location. It offers those who live there a quality of life others can only envy. Kaslo's range of businesses and services and its wide variety of clubs, organizations and cultural societies are sure to provide just what you are looking for.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12
• One year’s recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 50 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 50 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.