Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, BC is looking for a Permanent Full Time Biomedical Support Clerk to join their team. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm completed in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to maintaining the Biomedical Engineering department computerized database system, updating and maintaining web based document filing systems (SharePoint and Insidenet); maintaining an inventory of biomedical parts, acting as a liaison between the Biomedical Engineering and Material Services/Purchasing departments and performing a variety of other related clerical/administrative support duties.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Updates and maintains the department computerized database system by performing duties such as verifying equipment and parts records are accurate and complete, entering equipment and parts records into the system, tracking equipment/parts records to ensure they are accurately identified within the support charge process, and locating/correcting errors;
• Updates and maintains the preventative maintenance module of the department computerized database system by performing duties such as entering and/or uploading vendor service reports and monitoring vendor service reports for completion and/or recurrence. Distributes reports to designated technologists as required/directed;
• Generates established quality assurance (QA) reports using the department database system, formats reports using spreadsheet software and distributes reports to designated personnel;
• Receives invoices and prepares staff expenses, reimbursements and monthly corporate visa statements;
• Performs patient registration duties and cashier related duties as required;
• Provides users access to the department database system in accordance with established procedures and guidelines;
• Prepares and maintains web based communications such as, SharePoint site and InsideNet;
• Types a variety of correspondence including letters, memoranda, reports, forms, presentation material, newsletters from rough draft, general instruction and/or recording devises, using software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, and databases;
• Maintains inventory of Biomedical parts/supplies by receiving, unpacking, shippoing orders and assist with year end physical inventory;
• Acts as a liaison between the Biomedical Engineering and Material Services/Purchasing with regard to purchasing related issues;
• Runs the computerized period end billing report for the Regional Biomedical service;
• Arranges meetings and local education/training sessions, types and circulates notices and meeting minutes;
• Makes travel arrangements for Biomedical Engineering staff for training courses and regional travel
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 08:00 to 16:00.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**New Rate as of April 1, 2023 will be $25.30
**Please submit your High School Diploma and a Typing Test (min. 45 wpm within past 48 months) from an approved institution.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.