We are currently seeking a permanent part time (0.63 FTE) Life Skills Worker to join our team at Braemore Lodge in Penticton, B.C.
What will you work on?
Life Skills Workers play an important role in care. They plan, observe, monitor and report on clients’ progress and level of acceptance to services and support.
They assist clients with activities associated with daily living and work to demonstrate and model appropriate behaviors related to problem solving and decision making. Life Skills Workers provide structured support to help develop and maintain life skills related to:
• time management
• money management, budgeting skills, how to access funds and other forms of available assistance
• organization and interpersonal communication
• personal care
• household management
• menu planning, grocery shopping, meal preparation and
• community access
Shift types are days, evenings and nights and shift times are from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00 hours.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
If this opportunity is aligned with your education, training and passion for mental health, we want to hear from you. Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Certificate in a field relevant to the position (i.e.: community social services, rehabilitation)
• One year recent related experience working with individuals experiencing mental health and substance use problems; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Valid certificates in CPR, First Aid and Food Safe required
• Current valid B.C. Driver’s License
**Please upload copies of required certificates and DL
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.