Interior Health is seeking a permanent full time Biomedical Engineering Technologist to join the small and cohesive team based at the Penticton Regional Hospital in B.C.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal applicant will be a Biomedical Engineer with very strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills; who can demonstrate ability to work independently, prioritize, collaborate and communicate effectively. If this sounds like a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
What will you work on?
As a key team member, you will be responsible for providing biomedical engineering services that support the safe, efficient and effective utilization of medical technology at our growing hospital.
Some typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Applying best practice and knowledge to ensure the safe and effective use of biomedical equipment
• Evaluating and performing technical evaluations on new medical equipment and technologies
• Maintaining and repairing medical equipment in the workshop and in patient-care areas
• Managing medical equipment inventory, sourcing parts, orders and liasing with manufacturers and vendors
• Performing scheduled inspections and tests and maintaining related records
• Providing clinical staff with educational support and technical information
Days of work are Monday-Friday from 08:00 to 16:00 hours with weekends and statutory holidays off.
How Will You Create Impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
What other at Interior Health are saying about the job
“What keeps me coming back is the satisfaction of figuring out the problem. Finding a solution to a new or unique challenge keeps me engaged and excited about coming to work, even after 25 years.”
– Charlotte, IH Biomedical Engineering Technologist
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
As a valued member of our team, you can expect many employee services and benefits to support you at every stage of your career such as extended health and dental coverage, defined benefit pension plan, excellent vacation entitlement and access to interesting career growth opportunities to help you learn and enhance your skills.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong technical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come and join us and make a difference in the lives of others!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized program in Biomedical Equipment Technology Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience required.
• Must be eligible for membership in Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of B.C.
• Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's License required.
**Please upload copies of Certificate/Diploma and DL.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.