Interior Health is seeking a part time Adult Day Service Worker / Bus Driver to support adults at the Gordon Road Wellness Centre Home and Community Care.
As the Adult Day Service Worker, you are responsible for meeting the needs of an assigned group of clients by assisting them in carrying out established programs and activity of daily living tasks. The duties of this position include transporting clients to organized outings.
This is a permanent, part time (0.77FTE) position and works rotating day and evening shifts from 07:30-15:30, 08:00-16:00, 09:00-17:00, 10:30-18:30. Gordon Road Wellness Centre Home and Community Care provides a range of health care and support services for eligible residents who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs. Services are designed to complement and supplement, but not replace the efforts of individuals to care for themselves with the assistance of family, friends and community. We are seeking a candidate with the ability to build good interpersonal relationships with clients, families, and other staff members.
If you are a team player with a client-centred focus of care philosophy, we would love to hear from you! Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Completion of an Activity Assistant Program, and one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Food Safe certificate.
• Current valid BC Class 4 Driver’s License, as required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to instruct.
• Knowledge of, and ability to do, various arts and crafts, handicrafts, and sports activities.
• Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.