We are seeking a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist to join our amazing Pharmacy Team at the Kelowna General Hospital. This position is relief full time until return of incumbent.
The assigned Pharmacotherapy practice area for this position is Emergency and Intensive Care.
About the role:
Working within a collaborative, interdisciplinary team environment, the Clinical Pharmacy Specialist acts as a clinical pharmacy resource by providing consultation services to internal and external health care professionals and organizations in the assigned pharmacotherapy practice area. Develops, plans, organizes and evaluates clinical programs, quality assurance activities, administrative support, teaching, and research activities, and provides and oversees the provision of pharmaceutical care of patients in the assigned pharmacotherapy practice area. This pharmacist will support departmental and regional pharmacy initiatives through collaboration with local and regional pharmacy leaders and managers, physicians, and nursing leaders to achieve overall goals and objectives.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday: 07:30 to 15:30.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
• Continuous educational opportunities
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of other. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration as a pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
• Certification of completion of an accredited Hospital Pharmacy Residency program.
• Doctorate in Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) or post graduate degree in clinical pharmacy from a recognized university program and at least 3 years recent hospital pharmacy experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, knowledge and experience.
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is recommended.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.