Who Are We Looking For?
Shuswap Lake General Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Switchboard/Cashier/Admitting Clerk to join their team in Salmon Arm B.C.! When scheduled this position works rotating days & evenings - 07:00 to 15:00, 07:30 to 15:30, 15:30 to 19:30, 15:00 to 23:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
This position performs a variety of clerical duties associated with operating the switchboard, receiving and registering patients, processing accounts receivable such as:
• Operating switchboard and public address/paging systems;
• Patient registration;
• Confirming hospital procedural appointments with physicians, nursing units and patients;
• Receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, balances daily cash, prepare bank deposits and cash reports, maintain petty cash accounts;
• Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, and transfers;
• Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas.
What should your application include?
• Completion of Grade 12
• A current Typing Test of 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
If you are an experienced Switchboard/Cashier/Admitting clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: With a population of over 17,000, Salmon Arm is the largest community within the Shuswap Lake system and is the commercial hub of a fast-growing trading area in excess of 40,000. Salmon Arm’s economy is a diverse mixture of forestry, agriculture, tourism, commerce and manufacturing. Its mild four-season climate, outstanding natural beauty, clean waterways, abundant green space and pristine provincial parks have established the Shuswap as a world famous recreation area. Salmon Arm offers amenities that are normally associated with much larger population centres; the twin-sheet ice arena, community centre, extensive outdoor sports facilities, theatres, activity centres and outstanding educational and health facilities all contribute to the exceptional quality of life enjoyed here.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12, plus
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (Non-Supervised tests not accepted)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.