Who Are We Looking For?
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Vernon Jubilee Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Patient Registration Clerk/ Cashier to join their team! When scheduled this position works rotating days, evenings & weekends -06:30 to 14:30, 07:00 to 15:00, 08:30 to 16:30, 10:00 to 18:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will work in a customer-focused, team-oriented framework performing clerical and patient registration & Cashier duties including:
• Patient registration;
• Identifies bed booking options;
• Cashier duties - receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, recording payments in cash journals and summary sheets, and issuing change and receipts;
• Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping, returns valuables and maintains related records;
• Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, and transfers;
• Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas;
• Processes requests for patient telephone system, setting up phone and payment plan;
• Performs other related duties as required
What should your application include?
• Completion of Grade 12
• A current Typing Test of 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating three year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
If you are an experienced Patient Registration clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: You're going to love it here! Vernon's small city charm melds with its year-round cultural events, festivals, and celebrations. Whether it's a morning on the greens or a day on a lake, this is the place where you become the hero of your own story. Grab your bike, friends, and family, and enjoy the sweet smells of the outdoors as you explore. Celebrate the glorious sunshine with beaches, lakes, outdoor adventure, and orchards lush with fruit, fresh vegetables, and farmers markets galore! There are over 20 beaches where you can soak up the sun and have some water fun. And it doesn’t end there; enjoy live music, outdoor theatre, sports tournaments, wine festivals and golfing on world class courses from March to mid-November. The lifestyle opportunities continue when cooler weather just means a change to warmer clothes! Once the snow flies, marvel at the amazing snow sculptures at the winter carnival or strap on your skis, snowboards and snowshoes and head up to Silver Star Mountain for some of the best winter recreation fun around. Make Vernon your home and enjoy all the wonders it has to offer.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Grade 12
• Two years; recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 45 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (NON-SUPERVISED TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.