Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Surgical team at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital in beautiful Vernon, B.C.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a RELIEF PART-TIME (0.62 FTE) OPPORTUNITY until February 28, 2024 or the return of the incumbent.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
VJH: Located in Vernon, between Kelowna and Kamloops, VJH offers services including core physician specialties, 24 hour emergency and trauma services, acute and obstetrical care.
3 E/W: As the primary surgical floor for the hospital, we get to see a variety of surgeries on a daily basis. We have Orthopedics, General Surgery, Urology, Gynecological, and ENT (ears, nose, and throat). We have a wide variety of skill opportunities such as IV’s, PCA’s, Epidural’s, Drains, Catheters, NG’s, TPN, Blood transfusions, Ostomies, complex dressings and Chest tubes. We are a fast paced, energetic floor that will help you consolidate your surgical/medical skills while working in a supportive, team based environment.
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.