Are you an advanced user of the Microsoft Office Suite? Do you possess knowledge of adult education principles and have experience leading IT training sessions for an adult population? Interior Health is currently seeking a Software Education Specialist to fill a permanent full-time position.
What will you work on?
The Software Education Specialist is responsible for providing consultation in the development, delivery and implementation of education related to Microsoft Office software products and other IMIT software implementations by: gathering information and feedback from user departments; providing technical advice; participating in the planning (including preparing work plans for software implementation and making recommendations on appropriate delivery modes) and development of education initiatives; making recommendations on software upgrades; implementing and delivering education programs; providing training to users; and preparing instructional material.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops, implements and delivers new/revised education and training programs. In conjunction with the Manager, develops education plans and programs for software technology tools that aid in productivity improvements; prepares course curricula, descriptions, and related instructional material.
2. Undertakes staff education projects relating to Microsoft Office (and other) software utilization methods to optimize productivity and effectiveness in the use of Microsoft Office (and other) software applications.
3. In conjunction with the Manager, promotes the use of successful software utilization methods to other departments with similar needs with a view to standardizing software utilization methods where possible.
4. Assists in the Manager in evaluating the effectiveness of training programs and establishing software/education systems that support strategic and organizational plans by providing input, software expertise, recommendations and developing of tools to assess staff skill levels, education needs and learning outcomes.
5. Provides software support to end-users of Microsoft Office applications and related software applications via phone, email, remote connection or in an Open Computer Lab Setting by performing duties such as providing training, analyzing and diagnosing problems, formulating solutions, applying corrective maintenance to system, etc.
6. Trouble-shoots software problems; liaises with and refers to other IMIT staff or vendors as appropriate to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely and cost effective manner
7. Operates an IH Vehicle to travel to various IH sites to deliver education programs and consult with user departments as required.
8. Performs other related duties as required.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong technical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Graduation from a recognized two year diploma program in adult education or computer systems technology.
Three year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to type.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to organize work.
Physical Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Ability to operate related equipment.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.