Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops is looking for a Casual Clerk. This position performs a variety of clerical and receptionist duties associated with the the Food and Housekeeping Department. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm completed in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical and receptionist duties such as:
• Maintains timekeeping records for staff by faxing/receiving daily flow sheets to/from the Staffing Services Office; reviews flow sheets for accuracy and refers problems to Manager/Supervisor;
• Receives and processes authorized requests such as vacation, leave of absence, e-staffing change notices, postings and on-staffs. Advises manager/supervisor of issues such as extended employee unavailability;
• Posts updated schedules and reviews by-weekly reports for accuracy. Contacts staffing/payroll if adjustments are needed; reports problems to Manager/Supervisor;
• Answers telephones, responding to routine inquiries, re-directing calls and/or taking messages; receives visitors and directs to appropriate areas;
• Performs administrative support functions for the Manager/Supervisor and other department staff as assigned such as typing correspondence and reports, photocopying, sorting and filing material, etc;
• Schedules meetings, prepares agendas, records, types and circulates minutes and other materials as required;
• Maintains records such as supply and equipment inventories, departmental operating statistics, residents’ menus, etc. Completes requisitions for supplies in accordance with established procedures;
• Responds to questions from Staffing Services relating to filling temporary staffing requirements; discusses with Manager/Supervisor as required;
• Maintains records on relief staff such as names, addresses, phone numbers, availability for work, work areas and hours worked, leave requests and Disaster Plan Telephone Fan-out;
• Sets up and maintains filing systems for material such as correspondence, personnel records, equipment and supply records;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
*Please submit a Resume, Highschool Diploma, typing certificate (minimum 45 wpm within past 48 months) from an approved institution *
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.